Fish Sounds LLC (“Fish Sounds”) is the sole owner and user of information collected on this site. Fish Sounds does not collect information from this site beyond what you personally enter, and the information you provide is only used to respond in the format and manner you request.
What Information Fish Sounds Collects, When It Is Collected, And How It Is Used
Personally identifying information is collected by Fish Sounds:
- Via this site’s contact page; collected only if and when the user enters it.
- Through independent market research conducted solely by Fish Sounds, seeking relevant voice-over production contacts via specific company’s direct website and contact info.
This may include Name, Company Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and any messages sent related to a direct request of Fish Sounds, submitted via this site.
This information is used to process any audition and quote requests, as well as to send periodic email to stay in touch. You may opt out of additional contact at any time.
We use your data to provide, support, personalize and develop our Services. How we use your personal information will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services, and the choices you make in doing business with us. When providing direct services [advertising or marketing] or performing security, administrative, or customer service activities, we may use the information we collect in the following manner, including without limitation, to:
Providing Direct Services
- Complete a sales transaction, including to process and track website orders;
- Provide products and services that you request; and/or
- Administer rebates or extended service agreements.
Advertising and Marketing
- Send you email updates, newsletters, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- Improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or
- Send follow-up communications thanking you for your business, or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- Protect against error, fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
How We Share Your Data
We do not rent or sell personal information to others.
We do not share email addresses with third parties for the purpose of sending their own emails to you. Third parties will only have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
Fish Sounds does welcome further input and feedback about any third-party site linked, to help protect the integrity and security of the Fish Sounds website and its users.
Security. In the event we become aware that the security of the site has been compromised, or users’ personal information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity — including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud — we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with data protection and law enforcement authorities.
Legal Disclosure. We may need to share your data when we believe it’s required by law or to help protect the rights and safety of you, us, or others. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; or (4) protect the security or integrity of our company. We attempt to notify customers about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order, or when the request is an emergency.
We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are over-broad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
How Fish Sounds Protects Your Information
Security. We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches, and we implement appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your data. For example:
- Electronic records are stored in secure, limited-access servers
- Electronic data is stored behind secured encryption access
- We use technological tools, such as firewalls and passwords, and
- We ensure our personnel are trained on the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks; however, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, organizational, or managerial safeguards.
SSL Technology. Our website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts information, such as your name, address, and credit card number.
Lawful Bases for Processing. We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful bases to do so. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given it), contractual necessity (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver Services you have requested), and legitimate interests. Where we process data based on consent, we will ask for your explicit, affirmative consent. We will rely on legitimate interests as a basis for data processing only where the processing of your data is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
At any time, you can withdraw consent you have provided by managing your Dashboard or by contacting us as set forth below, but that will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal. Where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Minors. Our website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to create an account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to us, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
Fish Sounds And Cookies
Rights to access and control your personal information: We provide many choices about the collection, use, and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile, to advertising opt-outs and communication controls.
For personal information that we have about you, you can request the following:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data you may contact Fish Sounds’ Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data be provided in machine readable form. You can also ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by contacting us.
Opting Out of Communications
Fish Sounds offers choices for how to manage how we communicate with you.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails.
You may be contacted by Fish Sounds via email in order to:
- Send specific information related to direct inquiries and ongoing/completed projects.
- Process orders and updates to ongoing/completed projects.
- Continue our relationship after our inquiry/project is completed.
Subsequently, Fish Sounds agrees to:
- Never use any false or misleading subject lines or email message.
- Identify any marketing message in a clear and reasonable way.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Enable users to unsubscribe via link at the bottom of email, or by direct reply.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from Fish Sounds, the contact information on file will be kept ONLY to be flagged as a “Do Not Contact” in perpetuity.
If at any time you would like to no longer receive emails from Fish Sounds, once the “unsubscribe” request is processed, you will be removed from ALL contact.
Contacting Fish Sounds LLC:
Fish Sounds LLC
3663 Snelling Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Please remember that email sent over the Internet is not secure. If you send an email directly to us from your own email account, the contents will not be encrypted.
Do not send sensitive information (like a credit card number) to us via unencrypted email. We are not responsible for any transmission by you of any personal information over the Internet.